Tuesday 25 February 2014

Music Magazine

Introduction
As part of the AS media coursework we have been asked to produce a front cover and double page spread of a music magazine. Prior to this, we made a new school magazine front page and contents page as part of the preliminary task to prepare us. I found this task fun and enjoyable as it was a new experience and I was able to test my camera work, Photoshop and InDesign skills. From the lessons we've had, I find using these programs easy as I can navigate around them and I know what I'm doing. We looked at the codes and conventions for a typical magazine so we could include them in our own. A magazine usually has: a main image that can cover the whole of the front cover, title of the magazine, catchy slogan for the magazine, competitions or giveaways, barcode, a main story title (linked to the cover photo) and smaller story titles. I used these conventions in my own school magazine which resulted in a good final piece that I was happy with. The thing I found most difficult was taking the photos as I had to find a place with sufficient lighting that was constant, and also with a background that would be easy to remove on Photoshop. Other than this, I succeeded in taking photographs that were more than acceptable for my magazine and I will learn from my mistakes for my music magazine. :) 

This is my finished front cover for my school magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment