Thursday 27 February 2014

Title Ideas

After considering my magazine genre, I have decided to start thinking of titles for my magazine that relate to the 'rock' genre. A few ideas I have are:

'WRECK' - I like this title because to 'wreck' something means to destroy it or it means destruction to an object and this title is quite 'loud' as it has a hard meaning which relates to the heavy rock music that will be in my magazine. To make this word unique to my magazine, I will put the letters 'REC' in a different colour (probably red) or font so it stands out. I want to do this because 'REC' is an abbreviation for recording, which is what artists and bands do when they make a new album or song - so this way the word directly links to my magazine about music.  

'RIOT!' - This is also a possible idea because, like the first one, it is loud and 'in your face' which reflects what type of music will be in my magazine. The word 'riot' is also in a lot of popular rock songs such as 'I Predict A Riot' by Kaiser Chiefs, the album 'Riot' by Paramore and 'Riot' by Three Days Grace. All of these songs and albums are loud and catch your attention, so I think if I titled my magazine 'RIOT!' it would reach my target audience and make them want to pick up my magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment